The East Milton Branch of the Library is featured on page 19 of the book Milton Architecture written by Anthony Mitchell Sammarco and Paul Buchanan. The building was designed by Eliot T. Putnam on land that was donated to the Town of Milton by Nathaniel T. Kidder. Local contractor C.C. Fulton & Son used Harvard brick in constructing the building in 1931, with a graceful pediment entrance and a slightly projecting center section and slate roof.
The East Milton branch library is also referenced on page 42 of the book, A Brief History of Milton, Massachusetts, edited by Mrs. James B. Ayer for The Milton Historical Society in 1956.